June 25, 2010

Adam's Art Spot : Glove Puppets


Adam's Art Spot is Big One's space to share his wonderful art and craft ideas. This idea was inspired by Eric Carle's book, "Little Cloud" and by some wonderful Beleduc puppets that he saw at a toy exhibition we attended. 



After reading the book, Big One suggested that we make a cloud puppet using a hand glove and some cotton wool. So I purchased blue gloves (I was very pleased to find blue ones) and cotton balls. He then stuck the balls onto the glove using craft glue and allowed it to dry. As you can see, it made a very sweet cloud puppet, which he modeled so nicely. I then decided to make a little one for little brother, using a blue baby sock. Unfortunately he would not oblige by modeling his.


This idea has inspired some more hand puppets in our house, which I'll share with you in an up-and-coming post.


PS. I have linked this to StArt @ A Mommy's Adventures.

7 comments:

Charlene Juliani said...

Interesting....I never would of thought to make a cloud puppet.

catching up on my stART comments.

katherinemarie said...

Really COOL!!! What a creative and bright fella you have!

silly eagle books said...

That is too cute! I love how you used a glove for the puppet! perfect idea. :)

April said...

We are puppet lovers in this house so this seems like something we would love!

Fun Frugal Mommy said...

What a cute idea. I am visiting from Eric Carle's birthday party and am now following your blog. Please come visit me at www.funfrugalmommy.blogspot.com

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Never thought of making clouds so interesting and fun for kids.

Carolyn said...

What an excellent idea! Blue gloves and cotton wool go together perfectly... love the craft work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...