August 6, 2010

Frogs and Polka Dots {Party Theme}


Little One turned TWO! We were blessed with the most beautiful warm day , which is pretty awesome, considering we are right in the middle of Winter! It meant that we could put the main party table outside on the patio and the little guests could roam around outdoors!



I had the idea to do a Froggy theme for quite some time and I decided to add polka dots for fun...I love polka dots! I bought the paper hats, which I embellished with polka dots cut out with a punch. I also decorated plain paper plates with polka dots (frugal and more personal) and wrapped the juice boxes with paper and ribbon! I had fun turning the green lollipops into little frog faces...I was thinking that one could easily turn these flat lollipops into a variety of things and that this would make a fun craft for the kids. The plastic frogs with sweeties on their backs are soap dishes. What cannot be seen in the pictures, are green and white helium balloons, which were in the center of the table and really finished off the festive feeling perfectly! The party favours were cute rubber bath frogs (two are sitting on top of the cake) and balloons on a stick! 

As always it gave me so much joy to see the theme all come together, but the prize was seeing Little One's reaction. As he walked out onto the patio and saw the table for the first time, he gave a small shout and clapped his hands in delight. Made my heart do a little dance!


Last thing to  mention is that the super cake was made by Marleen, who has made 10 cakes for me now over the years (Birthdays and Christenings) and they have always been terrific! So if you live locally and want her contact details, please email me at gsetzer@telkomsa.net

Till next time...

PS. I have linked the party to:

7 comments:

Crystal said...

I must say, I've seen lots of bday themes but this one takes the cake(pardon the pun) Super cute! Good job!

silly eagle books said...

love that cake!!!

Michele @ The Hills are Alive said...

Love the theme, and all looks great. Wouldnt have thought of wrapping the juice boxes but really effective. Did you make the cake? Well done - all looks fantastic

katherinemarie said...

Creative! Fun! WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

So cute!! Love the cake -- that is adorable!

Bird said...

Gergia, my sweet!!

thank you for the kind and generous words!! :)

I LOVED your froggy part and wished I had seen it before, as I have just done a Frog party for my son! :)

You can link up your party on my monthly link party over at Bird Crafts on the First Monday of each month (next on 1st Monday in October), and I do a showcase of my faves on the Sunday! :)

I hope to see you there?
Love,
Bird

Caz said...

Wow what a gorgeous birthday party! I just love the theme, and the polka dots are icing on the cake (pardon the pun :-D). Just stunning, I love your photos too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...